From: rjcmi on
I am working with a table which is actually a merge of 14 other
tables, therefore there is no real index key.

Table 1 Index was 1-5000
Table 2 index was 1-5000

In the merged database there are about 52,000 records, but no index
key.

I added a field to the table named Index and would like to populate
that field with a unique index number.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could create an update query which
would add 1-52,000 to this field.

Thank you for your help.
From: Marshall Barton on
rjcmi wrote:

>I am working with a table which is actually a merge of 14 other
>tables, therefore there is no real index key.
>
>Table 1 Index was 1-5000
>Table 2 index was 1-5000
>
>In the merged database there are about 52,000 records, but no index
>key.
>
>I added a field to the table named Index and would like to populate
>that field with a unique index number.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas on how I could create an update query which
>would add 1-52,000 to this field.

Not with just that information. OTOH, why not just add an
autonumber field and let Access fo it for you?

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Pages: 1