From: TotallyConfused on
I have a combo box with a source type of Value list and month and year listed
for two years. You can only choose 1 item to select. Is there any way to
be able to choose multiple items at one time?? Also to add "All" to the list
to be able to choose all the items if needed? Thank you very much for any
help you can provide.
From: Mike Painter on
TotallyConfused wrote:
> I have a combo box with a source type of Value list and month and
> year listed for two years. You can only choose 1 item to select.
> Is there any way to be able to choose multiple items at one time??
> Also to add "All" to the list to be able to choose all the items if
> needed? Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

Not in a combo box but you can in a list box.

If the list is not huge and the selections are likely to remain the same for
a time there is another approach.
Add a "yes/no" called "Selected" checkbox to your table.
Create a subform set to dataview and add the fields you need.
Add a button for "select all" and "clear all" that sets the boolian field to
True or False.
The report, etc, is based on Selected = True.

My first app using this allowed a lab tech to run reports based on one or
more doctors running a set of tests.

From: Tommo on
I want to do the same thing as TotallyConfused so this thread is really
helpful.
I have tried putting the "Select All" button in the Detail Section, the Page
Header Section and the Form Header Section but it never appears when I run
the form.
What am I doing wrong?

From: BruceM via AccessMonster.com on
You can have a multi-select list box (not combo box), but to what end? That
is, what would you have happen after you select several items or "(All)"?

To add "(All)" you can use something like what is shown here:
http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0043.htm

However, you should note that the example assumes two columns, the first
Number and the second Text. It seems you have a Month field and a Year field.
BTW, you should not use Month or Year as field names, as they are reserved
words. Typically you would store a single date field, and use a query to
break it into month and year columns. Without knowing something of how your
data are organized it is not possible to be specific about how you may
construct the Row Source query.

The following shows how to use a multi-select list box to filter a report.
It may apply to your situation:
http://allenbrowne.com/ser-50.html

From: TotallyConfused on
Thank you very much for your response and suggestions. I have a form where I
select the items from a combo box. The list consists of Month and Year one
column. Once I select an item, I click on command button and report opens
with the cases for the month selected.

My combo box is like the last example in the www.mvps.org/access/forms page.
I took the code shown on this page

With Me.Combo0
.RowSourceType = "Value List"
.RowSource = "(ALL);" & .RowSource
End With
End Sub

I put this is the open Even on the form. But this did not work. Can you
help me revise this? Thank you.