From: Anne D. on
I have a form built based on a main query. How do I add more fields on that
form that come from a different query?

From: Jeff Boyce on
Anne

A couple possibilities...

Change your first query to include the extra fields.

Use your second query to "feed" a form, then embed that form as a subform on
your main form.

Good luck!

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

From: Anne D. on

My main table is maxed out for fields. I created the 2nd table/query so i
could enter more categories. Now I need to enter these in the main form. Both
tables are linked (table #2 linked to #1).
I used the fields icon in design view to add the new fields but they are not
there since the data is pulled from the table #1.
How do I drop fields from table/query #2?

From: KARL DEWEY on
Sounds like you are creating a spreadsheet instead of a relational database.
A well designed database should not run out of fields.
You realize a form and queries will have the same limitations.
But to join your two tables in a query, open in design view, select the
second table, click on the field of first table that is used to link to the
second table and drag to the corresponding field of the second table.

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: Jeff Boyce on
I'm with Karl ... if you've 'maxed out' your fields, you have a spreadsheet,
not a relational database table.

Consider posting back a description of the data you're attempting to store
in this table / these tables...