From: windwatcher on
Using Quicken 2010 deluxe. I've been trying to add a savings account
at the credit union where I have a checkng account, but it doesn't
show up in the list of accounts although Quicken says it is listed
when I go through the process again. How can I get Q. to recognize
this additional account?

Thanks
From: R. C. White on
Hi, Windwatcher.

Please tell us which Windows version you are using. It may not matter, but
it often does, so always include that information when asking for help.

Then tell us HOW you are trying to add the account. That is, step by step,
where is your starting point and which buttons do you press or click?

Some things that seem so obvious to some of us are a new idea to others, so
it helps to have a click-by-click walkthrough of the process YOU are using.
Especially when the results you see are not what you naturally expect.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

From: windwatcher on
On Jul 12, 6:07 am, "R. C. White" <r...(a)grandecom.net> wrote:
> Hi,Windwatcher.
>
> Please tell us which Windows version you are using.  It may not matter, but
> it often does, so always include that information when asking for help.
>
> Then tell us HOW you are trying to add the account.  That is, step by step,
> where is your starting point and which buttons do you press or click?
>
> Some things that seem so obvious to some of us are a new idea to others, so
> it helps to have a click-by-click walkthrough of the process YOU are using.
> Especially when the results you see are not what you naturally expect.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> (Retired.  No longer licensed to practice public accounting.)
> r...(a)grandecom.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> (Using Quicken Deluxe 2010 and Windows Live Mail in Win7 x64)
>
> "windwatcher"  wrote in message

> Using Quicken 2010 deluxe.  I've been trying to add a savings account
> at the credit union where I have a checkng account, but it doesn't
> show up in the list of accounts although Quicken says it is listed
> when I go through the process again.   How can I get Q. to recognize
> this additional account?
>
> Thanks

Windows XP SP2. I click on Accounts, Banking, add new account, then I
select Savings, and check for one of the listed institutions, and then
it shows the checkng and savings account. But the savings account
does not show up on the list of accounts, and there is no register for
it, and transactions are not being recorded.