From: Bernie Beal on
Is there a way to backup my extensive E Mail
Address Book to a CD?

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Bernie Beal" <bquest(a)optonline.net> wrote in message

> Is there a way to backup my extensive E Mail
> Address Book to a CD?

Aren't you interested in backing up the rest of your Outlook data as well,
like the Calendar, Notes, Inbox, Tasks, etc.?

Outlook has no address book. All of your contacts are in the Contacts folder,
which is part of your Personal Folders file, just like all the rest of your
Outlook data. To make a backup, close Outlook and burn the PST to the CD.
There is anecdotal evidence that some burning applications have trouble
copying PSTs correctly, so after you've burned the copy, copy it back to the
hard drive from the CD, remove the read only attribute having on the CD will
introduce, then try to open it in Outlook with File>Open>Outlook Data File.
If it opens and the data looks good, you should be able to trust the copy on
the CD. Close it again in Outlook with File>Data File Management so you don't
have two copies of the same data showing in Outlook and after closing Outlook
you can delete the extra copy you made from the CD.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]