From: Ritter197 on
I have windows xp Pro.

This morning it asked me for a Password as Administrator.
I never set one and in the past I could just hit Enter and it would
continue. This time it does not do that.

I went then to set the Boot sequence to CD and put in the legitimate copy of
MS Windows xp Pro. It again comes to a screen, after selecting R for repair,
where it wants the PW.

I then tried F8 and Del and got to the BIOS etc and saw there under Boot
that the Administrator had no PW (as I always knew). Since it did not work,
I choose and confirmed a new 4 letter PW, saved and Exit.

When I now again try to Boot up from the Windows XP Pro CD and eventually it
again asks me for the PW, I type in the same 4 letters I just chose, but it
again will not continue when I hit Enter. It asks me whether I forgot the PW
but no help how to continue.

I have usede Windows XP Pro for years and never had such a dilemna. Can
someone throw light on this and how to continue?

Thanks in advance

BTW I could never get to Safe mode and the control panel.

Pages: 1
Prev: Macromedia Flash
Next: Video Controller