From: Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell on
.... need Administrator rights, when both profiles that I have on my laptop
are both set as Administrator?

Is precisely because I have two administrator profiles and the computer is
"confused"?

Any ideas, anyone? Thanks!

C.

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
Windows 7 (and Vista before it) runs even administrative users as a more
limited user most of the time, and only elevates to administrative rights
when you actually _need_ it to do something, and only when you authorize it.
This is by design, and is intended to protect you and your computer from at
least some of the possible malware out there. It is possible to turn this
off, but I strongly recommend NOT doing so. Over time you'll find that you
rarely get prompted for elevation in the normal course of using the
computer. But during the early days of using it, you will get prompted much
more often, as you're installing applications, configuring settings, etc.

Some older applications that are poorly designed will not start without
getting administrative rights. That's just bad design, and I would urge you
to find newer or alternative versions that don't require that elevation.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

From: Corsair on
Hi Charlie,

following with the thread, I want not to be asked for "some" applications to
be auto-run, e.g. CCleaner,
I have this software (latest version) as started in the start-up, but every
time computer starts I'm asked
about running or not.

How could be done for not being asked for "some" programs, running under
account with Administrator
privileges.

Corsair

"Charlie Russel - MVP" <Charlie(a)mvKILLALLSPAMMERSps.org> escribi� en el
mensaje de noticias:8D8C80B3-741A-44E1-9178-614E0908E730(a)microsoft.com...

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
Some programs will always demand administrator privileges and should not be
put in your startup folder for just that reason. Sounds like this is one.

From: R. C. White on
Hi, Corsair.

I’m not familiar with CCleaner – or any “cleaner” application. But with many apps, you can right-click on the .exe and choose Properties. On the Compatibility tab you should find a checkbox to “Run this program as an administrator”. I’m not sure that this setting exists or actually works for ALL apps, but maybe it does for the one you need it for.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Charlie Russel - MVP" <Charlie(a)mvKILLALLSPAMMERSps.org> escribió en el
mensaje de noticias:8D8C80B3-741A-44E1-9178-614E0908E730(a)microsoft.com...
> Windows 7 (and Vista before it) runs even administrative users as a more
> limited user most of the time, and only elevates to administrative rights
> when you actually _need_ it to do something, and only when you authorize
> it. This is by design, and is intended to protect you and your computer
> from at least some of the possible malware out there. It is possible to
> turn this off, but I strongly recommend NOT doing so. Over time you'll
> find that you rarely get prompted for elevation in the normal course of
> using the computer. But during the early days of using it, you will get
> prompted much more often, as you're installing applications, configuring
> settings, etc.
>
> Some older applications that are poorly designed will not start without
> getting administrative rights. That's just bad design, and I would urge
> you to find newer or alternative versions that don't require that
> elevation.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel
>

> "Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" <seegod1(a)cogeco.ca> wrote in message
>> ... need Administrator rights, when both profiles that I have on my
>> laptop are both set as Administrator?
>>
>> Is precisely because I have two administrator profiles and the computer
>> is "confused"?
>>
>> Any ideas, anyone? Thanks!

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2