From: Drew on
I have a question regarding sound on my win7 64 machine and I wanted to ask
here first. I have a 5.1 surround system on my computer that when or during
configuration I get the different tones through all 5 of my speakers,
however when playing music and or a dvd I only get the front 3 speakers
(left right and center as well as the sub). Now is this is probably a driver
problem but my motherboard
(Intel) D975XBX2 does not have windows 7 drivers for the onboard sound. I
used the built in drivers.
Any Ideas would as always be appreciated...

From: Carlos on
Drew,
I assume you have a 5.1 speaker configuration in control panel, right?
If so, what DVD playback software are you using?
Carlos

From: Drew on
Carlos. windows media player and or windvd as for control panel access I
simply right click on volume icon and choose playback devices

From: Carlos on
Drew,
One more step forward.
When in "playback device", click on speakers and then on "configuration" (or
setup or however "configuraciĆ³n" is translated into English) which is the
lower button on the left.
Do you have 5.1 speakers there?
Just a hunch, have you chosen the 5.1 audio track of the DVD?
Carlos

From: Drew on
Yes to all Carlos and yet nothing and when I choose configuration for 5.1 I
get sound from all 5 individually as I should then when playing any music or
a dvd only the front end works as in front left, front right and center. I
would prefer to fix this but if necessary I could install a discreet card I
suppose.