From: The Sizzler on
I may have missed it, but did you ever identify which HD Audio chip you have
on your board?

Codecs for Realtek would be at www.realtek.com.tw

Hp has Win 7 drivers for both ADI (SoundMAX) and IDT. I have seen in other
forums where these have solved the Win 7 driver problem for others.

ADI HD Codecs are @
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&swItem=ob-77875-1&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

IDT Codecs are @
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&softwareitem=ob-75078-1&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

From: Drew on
Neither does the trick but Thanks anyway..

From: Drew on
And now with a new sound card I still only have "front" speakers. I just
installed a new sound card and went through configuration in playback
devices, during which I had all 5 five speakers working. now when playing
any music or any other media I only have the "front" 3 (left right center).
I'm at a loss here.. what am I missing? I used to have all 5 playing during
music playback in xp and even Vista with my built in sound card which is or
was "Sigmatel High def audio".

From: Kue2 on
trying playing a movie & see if u have all five speakers working.

From: Drew on
Now that works on this sound card but not on my built in sound. weird I as
know I used to be able to make it work.