From: Carlos on
Drew,
Do you mean that the player I recommended you didn't work either?
That would definitely mean it is a driver issue.
Carlos

From: Drew on
Carlos: no unfortunately that player you recommended does not help. A friend
has a sound card I may try but I wish I could get this one working right.

From: KHIA on
so how are you doing?
From: Drew on
as opposed to?.. still no surround sound except when configuring speakers in
control panel. I get 5.1 there with no problem but not with dvd movies or
dvd music, cd's or even internet radio. Back when running xp and or vista
all worked well . not so much in 7. Apparently I am not alone as Intel
phased out support for this great board and others are having the same
problem. IDT and or Sigmatel suck in this instance as well

From: The Sizzler on
I was curious as to whether you might have resolved your speaker problem yet?