From: geoffschultz on
This has been discussed in other threads, but I haven't found an answer to
this problem. In reality I don't know which application is to blame, but the
fingers keep pointing at Outlook.

I'm using Word 2007 to do a mail merge using Adobe Acrobat Pro V9. I have
Outlook configured as the default mail program. The generated PDF is
attached to en e-mail and gets delivered without problems. If I read the
e-mail using Outlook or Gmail (the only ones that I've tried), the attachment
appears and can be displayed without issues. If I read the e-mail using a
program such as Mozilla Thunderbird, I don't see the attachment, but instead
I see winmail.dat.

If I use Outlook to create an e-mail and manually attach the PDF file, the
attachment appears correctly in all of the e-mail programs that I've tried.

What's going on here? How can I get these programs to play together so that
I can reliably generate a PDF attachment?

-- Geoff