From: daokfella on
I currently have a 24 channel horizon snake. I was thinking about
converting this into a basic splitter snake with an extra 24-channel
snake (w/o box) I've got laying around. I'd like to be able to remove
the parallel split when I don't need a split signal. Can anybody give
me any advice on snake connectors and suppliers that would accomplish
this. I've seen ELCO connectors, but haven't seen them up close to see
what is involved in soldering and mounting them. Any other
alternatives?

Jason

From: Earl Grey on
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:15:46 -0800, daokfella wrote:

> I currently have a 24 channel horizon snake. I was thinking about
> converting this into a basic splitter snake with an extra 24-channel
> snake (w/o box) I've got laying around. I'd like to be able to remove
> the parallel split when I don't need a split signal. Can anybody give
> me any advice on snake connectors and suppliers that would accomplish
> this. I've seen ELCO connectors, but haven't seen them up close to see
> what is involved in soldering and mounting them. Any other
> alternatives?
>
> Jason

http://www.ten47.com/products.html
Tourline and Proline
Litton Veam CIR-LK series and compatible copies

From: michael gaster on
"daokfella" <jjbutera(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I currently have a 24 channel horizon snake. I was thinking about
> converting this into a basic splitter snake with an extra 24-channel
> snake (w/o box) I've got laying around. I'd like to be able to remove
> the parallel split when I don't need a split signal. Can anybody give
> me any advice on snake connectors and suppliers that would accomplish
> this. I've seen ELCO connectors, but haven't seen them up close to see
> what is involved in soldering and mounting them. Any other
> alternatives?
>
> Jason

elco connectors get the job done and are widely used, however, the thumb
screws break all of the time.
--
Michael Gaster
Gaster Engineering

From: Tim Padrick on

Get them here: http://www.audiogear.com/Edac-Elco-Connectors.html

How to: http://www.prosoundweb.com/live/labbest/elco/elco.shtml

From: Rv! on

> http://www.ten47.com/products.html

Never knew these guy existed. A few doors away from a friends
house. Must investigate further!

Rv!