From: ralph on
On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:03:00 -0500, "Larry Serflaten"
<serflaten(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>"ralph" <nt_consulting64(a)yahoo.net> wrote
>
>> You might consider using a discontinued Recordset rather than
>> re-inventing your own store.
>
>Do I detect a freudian slip here?

LOL

And perhaps one or two puns as well.

-ralph
From: Mojo on
many thanks guys

"Larry Serflaten" <serflaten(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

"Mojo" <please(a)dont.spam.com> wrote

> a) user right-clicks on a cell.
>
> b) popup menu of options appears above that cell.
>
> c) user left-clicks on the desired option.
>
> d) app puts selection into cell and updates the relevant field in the
> access
> db using standard in-line SQL calls.
<...>

> I need an undo (great if I could have a redo as well) feature give them a
> safety net.
>
> Could anybody advise me on how I'd go about this bearing in mind how I
> currently update/store the info?
>
> Many thanks in advance for any info/advice you can give.

Every time you popup your menu, add the current value to a collection
keyed on the cell ID. Have an UnDo in the popup menu (possibly
UnDo Cell and UnDo Column) enabled any time there are values in the
UnDo collection for the current cell (or current column).

If you want a ReDo then only when they select UnDo, move the contents
of the current cell's (or current column's) UnDo value to a ReDo collection
also keyed on the cell ID. Enable the ReDo menu item when there are values
in the ReDo collection for the current cell (or column).

Clear the collections at the start of a new page.

For column action, you'll have to programmically create cell IDs to apply
to the UnDo/ReDo collections.

LFS