From: Cecil Westerhof on
On my openSUSE 11.2 system where still Firefox 3.6.6 is installed
there is 3.6.8 in software management (not on my openSUSE 11.3
system). This is dependent on mozilla-xulrunner192 1.9.2.8 which is
dependent on mozilla-nss 3.12.7. On the system where 3.6.8 is
installed there is a 3.12.7, but on the system where 3.6.8 can not be
installed the latest mozilla-nss version is 3.12.6-3.1.1.

There was first a difference between the repositories, but the missing
ones I added to the system where 3.6.6 is installed.

What could be the problem?

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer
From: Cecil Westerhof on
Op woensdag 28 jul 2010 08:01 CEST schreef Cecil Westerhof:

> On my openSUSE 11.2 system where still Firefox 3.6.6 is installed
> there is 3.6.8 in software management (not on my openSUSE 11.3
> system). This is dependent on mozilla-xulrunner192 1.9.2.8 which is
> dependent on mozilla-nss 3.12.7. On the system where 3.6.8 is
> installed there is a 3.12.7, but on the system where 3.6.8 can not be
> installed the latest mozilla-nss version is 3.12.6-3.1.1.
>
> There was first a difference between the repositories, but the missing
> ones I added to the system where 3.6.6 is installed.
>
> What could be the problem?

It becomes stranger and stranger. I did "switch system packages to the
versions in this repository" for Packman and Mozilla. And then it is
installed. But when looking at then system where 3.6.8 was installed,
this was not done. So why it was installed there ...

When I also "switch system packages to the versions in this
repository" for Packman and Mozilla on the system where 3.6.8 was
installed it changed a lot of programs. I am now upgrading it to 11.3.

When also "switch system packages to the versions in this repository"
on 11.3 there also the upgrade to 3.6.8 took place.

So problem solved. Are there other repositories where it would be
diligent to "switch system packages to the versions in this
repository"?

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer