From: C. M. Burns on
Folks, I'm new to the 'driver' game, so I'll throw
this one to the veterans: What's a good/safe site
for downloading the latest drivers for modems?

I've got an Agere Systems PCI-SV92PP Soft Modem.
The OS is Windows XP Pro 32-bit.

Thanks.

From: Paul on
C. M. Burns wrote:
> Folks, I'm new to the 'driver' game, so I'll throw
> this one to the veterans: What's a good/safe site
> for downloading the latest drivers for modems?
>
> I've got an Agere Systems PCI-SV92PP Soft Modem.
> The OS is Windows XP Pro 32-bit.
>
> Thanks.

How did the ones at HP work out ?

http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.comp.hardware/msg/c7b941ea21ad7d63?dmode=source

Paul

From: J G Miller on
On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 07:56:08 -0400, C. M. Burns wrote:

> Folks, I'm new to the 'driver' game, so I'll throw this one to the
> veterans: What's a good/safe site for downloading the latest drivers for
> modems?

The answer is --

The modem support page provided by the manufacturer of the modem
which you have purchased.
From: philo on
On 06/21/2010 06:56 AM, C. M. Burns wrote:
> Folks, I'm new to the 'driver' game, so I'll throw
> this one to the veterans: What's a good/safe site
> for downloading the latest drivers for modems?
>
> I've got an Agere Systems PCI-SV92PP Soft Modem.
> The OS is Windows XP Pro 32-bit.
>
> Thanks.

Best place is from the manufacturer

since Agere was bought out by LSI

you should hopefully be able to get them here

http://www.lsi.com/support/
From: C. M. Burns on
"J G Miller" wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 07:56:08 -0400, C. M. Burns wrote:
>
>> Folks, I'm new to the 'driver' game, so I'll throw this one to the
>> veterans: What's a good/safe site for downloading the latest drivers for
>> modems?
>
> The answer is --
>
> The modem support page provided by the manufacturer of the modem
> which you have purchased.

I read an article that said you should check for
drivers in the following sequence: first, the PC
maker's site; second, the modem manufacturer's
site; third, the chip set manufacturer's site.

Since I have a generic PC, I checked the modem
maker's site (lsi.com), but didn't notice any
drivers there. I managed to get a driver off the
HP site that seems to be working just fine.