From: Mikehe on

I need some help please, I have an X2 Intel SSD(80gig) installed in my
Acer Aspire Laptop and when i do benchmark test all i get is SATA1
speeds for read (130) using win 7(32) Home Premium, but if i install the
latest Ubuntu and use the built in hard drive tool with it, i get read
speeds in the 270 like it should be, why the heck is win 7 seeing it as
a SATA1 generation. Send help please

From: John McGaw on
On 6/21/2010 9:03 AM, Mikehe wrote:
> I need some help please, I have an X2 Intel SSD(80gig) installed in my
> Acer Aspire Laptop and when i do benchmark test all i get is SATA1
> speeds for read (130) using win 7(32) Home Premium, but if i install the
> latest Ubuntu and use the built in hard drive tool with it, i get read
> speeds in the 270 like it should be, why the heck is win 7 seeing it as
> a SATA1 generation. Send help please

My first guess would be that it is the Windows drivers causing the problem
since problems in that area have bitten me so many times. But if you are
using different benchmarking tools between the two operating systems it
just might be that they aren't doing exactly the same job in exactly the
same way.
From: Mikehe on

so do you suggest that i do a fresh install and then F6 and use intel
drivers or just pull all my hair out. And thank you for the response and
suggestions.