From: Costa K on
Do anyone have an Agilent 89601A labview driver?
Or do you know where I can get one from?
From: Sparky on
For those developing active X calls, the COM help file (for the 6.31) release dosen't link properly.  I haven't tried the new 7.x verison they sent me.  Anyways, the file you want is on the cd or install depending on how you selected the help file installation.  I believe the file name is: com_89601.chm

You can create a shortcut on the desktop right to this file and windows will
know how to open it.  It is pretty accurate and helpful for describing all
the properties/fields for the functions you can access.

One annoying feature is that while the 89600 displays RF power in dBm, active X
calls to these measurements only report it in VRMS squared. Lovely.
From: Intasar on
I am trying to communicate over a LAN connect to the 89600 VSA software (7.1) based on the Agilent 16903A Logic Analyser. I run the TestConnect.bat provided by agilent to check the DCOM connection and that reports the connection is succesful. I try to run the Labview example program provided by Agilent (see attached) but that just reports back a measurement timeout error after a couple of minutes, and I don't see any effect of the program on the remote screen. The Labview program provided for the Logic Analyser 16903A to run across a LAN connection worked fine. I tried the check version program attached earlier in this thread but that just reported the version on the PC and not the remote 89600.
I have not used COM, activeX until now. If anyone could me a few pointers as to what i should check, it would be much appreciated.

hello_world.vi:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/250625/1/hello_world.vi