From: brown.eyed.girl21 on
Okay i did this but i still get one error message (instead of two)

From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
It seems that the D-Link Wireless Utility and WZC native utility are both
Only one Wireless Utility can be active at the same time.
Disable one of them and try again.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"brown.eyed.girl21" <brown.eyed.girl21(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F8BD19AF-9AF7-4400-96F0-99A54A7C56D0(a)microsoft.com...
> Okay i did this but i still get one error message (instead of two)
>
> "leeroy santana" wrote:
>
>> I am using a D-link Air Premier DWL AG660 Wireless card. After installing
>> Windows service pack 3 I started getting the following messages every
>> time I was booting up.
>>
>> AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found
>> The procedure entry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in
>> the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll
>> &
>> WZCSLDR2.exe - Entry Point Not Found
>> The procedure entry point apsInitialize could not be located in the
>> dynamic link library wlanapi.dll
>>
>> All I would do is dismiss them and allow the computer to complete the
>> boot. I was able to connect the internet so was not to fussed although it
>> started to get a bit annoying. This is how I solved it.
>>
>> 1.Follow the link to download new drivers. This will take you to D-link
>> support website.
>>
>> http://support.dlink.com/downloads/
>>
>> 2. Select the model of the d-link hardware
>> 3. Read the Q/A by scrolling down the page and select the one about
>> problem with SP3
>> 4. Select to download new drivers for correct model number. (When you
>> download SAVE to a folder you remember were it is)
>> 5. Once finished downloading, open file and click setup.
>>
>> Just a quick note, I had to shut down and restart the laptop about 3
>> times throughout this. When you first press setup, it uninstalls the
>> previous software & drivers. This is when to shut down and reboot.
>> Windows will detect new hardware as it is booting. Just ignore this and
>> complete reboot again and then select the wireless network you wish to
>> connect with.
>>
>> Problem sorted

Pages: 1
Prev: error 871122