From: Patrick Lists on
Hi list,

I use a unique email address (alias) for every web(service)
registration. I would like to limit or even block spam sent to these
unique addresses. I glanced through the Postfix book but couldn't find
an answer.

Example of what should be blocked:

From: "Twitter System" <twitter(a)twitter.com> <== faked
To: <webmaster(a)mydomain.org>

Example of what should be accepted:

From: "Twitter System" <twitter(a)twitter.com> <== faked
To: <tweety(a)mydomain.org>

twitter.com and tweety(a)mydomain.org are the correct combination so
accept the email.

So I'm trying to enforce that only a combination of a certain From: ...
(the TLD) and a certain To: ... (the full email address) that was
specifically used to register with the TLD in From: ... is accepted,
otherwise REJECT.

Hope this makes sense. Anyone know if this is possible and how I can
implement this? Pointers most welcome and appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Patrick

From: Noel Jones on
On 5/6/2010 8:27 AM, Patrick Lists wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I use a unique email address (alias) for every web(service)
> registration. I would like to limit or even block spam sent to these
> unique addresses. I glanced through the Postfix book but couldn't find
> an answer.
>
> Example of what should be blocked:
>
> From: "Twitter System" <twitter(a)twitter.com> <== faked
> To: <webmaster(a)mydomain.org>
>
> Example of what should be accepted:
>
> From: "Twitter System" <twitter(a)twitter.com> <== faked
> To: <tweety(a)mydomain.org>
>
> twitter.com and tweety(a)mydomain.org are the correct combination so
> accept the email.
>
> So I'm trying to enforce that only a combination of a certain From: ...
> (the TLD) and a certain To: ... (the full email address) that was
> specifically used to register with the TLD in From: ... is accepted,
> otherwise REJECT.
>
> Hope this makes sense. Anyone know if this is possible and how I can
> implement this? Pointers most welcome and appreciated.

You can use an external policy service such as postfwd to
compare envelope sender and recipient.

But it sounds as if you really need to compare the From:
header with the envelope recipient. You'll need a
content_filter or milter to do that.

-- Noel Jones

From: Patrick Lists on
On 05/06/2010 04:07 PM, Noel Jones wrote:
[snip]

> You can use an external policy service such as postfwd to compare
> envelope sender and recipient.
>
> But it sounds as if you really need to compare the From: header with the
> envelope recipient. You'll need a content_filter or milter to do that.
>
> -- Noel Jones

Thanks Noel. I was hoping I could do it within Postfix to keep things
lean & mean. Will check out your suggestions.

Kind regards,
Patrick