From: Bob Villa on
On Jun 18, 6:10 am, Bob Villa <pheeh.z...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 17, 1:19 pm, kev12175 <kev12175.4cq...(a)no.email.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Hi Bob good luck but i really dont think you need to remove the screen
> > or the processor to replace this part . Maybe just the power panel the
> > keyboard and some base screws . Once the keyboard is off you will have a
> > better idea . If you need to remove the Bezel be gentle lifting the
> > middle bottom part between the 2 screws as there is an adheasive strip
> > running from left screw to the right one as i replaced a bezel today on
> > that model .
>
> > Thanks kevin
>
> Thanks Kevin, for getting back on this task
>
> bob.

My thoughts on removing/not removing display: damaging the display
(opened) when turned upside-down?

bob
From: Bob Villa on
Ben, specifically...not removing display would or could damaged the
display if left attached or is not possible to accomplish WITH it
attached?

Thanks!
From: Ben Myers on
On 6/23/2010 8:18 AM, Bob Villa wrote:
> Ben, specifically...not removing display would or could damaged the
> display if left attached or is not possible to accomplish WITH it
> attached?
>
> Thanks!

With Dell laptops, it is generally impossible to remove the
palmrest-touchpad assembly unless the LCD screen is removed first.
Check the 1545 service manual on the Dell web site.

I have come up with some shortcut procedures for refurbing Dell laptops
without compromising final quality, but none involves leaving the screen
attached.

Anyway, removal of the LCD screen is really pretty simple, nothing to
cause fear... Ben Myers
From: Bob Villa on
On Jun 23, 11:22 am, Ben Myers <ben_my...(a)charter.net> wrote:
> On 6/23/2010 8:18 AM, Bob Villa wrote:
>
> > Ben, specifically...not removing display would or could damaged the
> > display if left attached or is not possible to accomplish WITH it
> > attached?
>
> > Thanks!
>
> With Dell laptops, it is generally impossible to remove the
> palmrest-touchpad assembly unless the LCD screen is removed first.
> Check the 1545 service manual on the Dell web site.
>
> I have come up with some shortcut procedures for refurbing Dell laptops
> without compromising final quality, but none involves leaving the screen
> attached.
>
> Anyway, removal of the LCD screen is really pretty simple, nothing to
> cause fear... Ben Myers

Thanks...Kevin thought it wasn't necessary and I would hate to mess-up
the daughter's LT!
bob
From: Ben Myers on
On 6/23/2010 2:52 PM, Bob Villa wrote:
> On Jun 23, 11:22 am, Ben Myers<ben_my...(a)charter.net> wrote:
>> On 6/23/2010 8:18 AM, Bob Villa wrote:
>>
>>> Ben, specifically...not removing display would or could damaged the
>>> display if left attached or is not possible to accomplish WITH it
>>> attached?
>>
>>> Thanks!
>>
>> With Dell laptops, it is generally impossible to remove the
>> palmrest-touchpad assembly unless the LCD screen is removed first.
>> Check the 1545 service manual on the Dell web site.
>>
>> I have come up with some shortcut procedures for refurbing Dell laptops
>> without compromising final quality, but none involves leaving the screen
>> attached.
>>
>> Anyway, removal of the LCD screen is really pretty simple, nothing to
>> cause fear... Ben Myers
>
> Thanks...Kevin thought it wasn't necessary and I would hate to mess-up
> the daughter's LT!
> bob

Not to worry! Once you start taking it apart, you'll see exactly what
you need to do. The Dell service manuals provide good reference
information. The first time or two with a given model, I usually print
out the pages I need to look at while taking a laptop apart. And
putting it together, too... Ben Myers