From: joker197cinque on
I would like to:

1) Open an attachment in my mailbox (eg: test.docx)
2) Modify it
3) Save it, not saving as another file .. but actually modifying the
attachment itself

Is it possible ?

Thanks.
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
It's possible - as long as you do not close the message it was attached to
before saving. So - open the message, then the attachment, then edit and
close the attachment before closing the message.
See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/securetemp.htm for more info.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?

From: M on
I believe this requires Exchange server on the back-end. I recall trying to
edit a message while connected to Gmail via IMAP with Outlook 2003 and it
wasn't possible. Note that editing the attachment does edit the message
itself.

--
Regards,
MCTS, MCSA

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Exchange is not required, but IMAP accounts are special beasts - and gmail's
imap is its own special beast. :) It should work in imap, but you might end
up with 2 copies of the message.

The big thing is the message can't be disconnected from the attachment or
the attachment on the message won't be updated. You also need to open the
attachment in edit mode - opening from the preview pane is read only.

From: joker197cinque on
On Feb 3, 5:03 pm, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlook...(a)msn.com> wrote:

> It's possible - as long as you do not close the message it was attached to
> before saving. So - open the message, then the attachment, then edit and
> close the attachment  before closing the message.

Diane, thanks.

Can you suggest me a way to extract all attachments of a mailbox,
execute some operations on them and reattach them to the correct email
message ?

Is it possible or ... is it magic ?

Thanks for your help and your time.