From: gouligann on

Can I have two different outlook mail programs running on my desktop
using two different servers (Xplornet-satelight system, and
Sympatico-dialup)?

If I can, do I have to download the second Outlook, or how do I get
another blank Outlook to start from scratch with for my new email
address? My husband and I need two different accounts and would like to
have both using Outlook.
If this means anything, I am using Vista.

Would it work if I switch to another user name/profile when I log onto
my computer? That would be very easy then...
Thanks, Ann

--
gouligann
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
no, you can't have two outlooks open at once.

You can do one of the following:
1 outlook, 2 profiles. Close outlook, reopen with the other profile
2 windows accounts and fast user switching. each outlook can be kept open
1 outlook profile, contains both accounts

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 13:23:39 +0000, gouligann
<gouligann.5af5731(a)outlookbanter.com> wrote:

> Can I have two different outlook mail programs running on my desktop
> using two different servers (Xplornet-satelight system, and
> Sympatico-dialup)?
>
> If I can, do I have to download the second Outlook, or how do I get
> another blank Outlook to start from scratch with for my new email
> address? My husband and I need two different accounts and would like to
> have both using Outlook.
> If this means anything, I am using Vista.
>
> Would it work if I switch to another user name/profile when I log onto
> my computer? That would be very easy then...

You can't have two copies of Outlook open. Two profiles would do what
you want, but here's another, perhaps easier, suggestion for you:

Have both accounts in the single copy of Outlook with a single
profile. Create a new folder for your husband's incoming mail, and
write a rule to move all mail addressed to him to that folder as it
arrives.

If you do that, your mail will be separated. Your mail will arrive in
the inbox, and his in the new folder you created.

At home, my wife and I each has his own computer, but when traveling
with a laptop, the above is exactly what we do.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup