From: Steven L. on
The way Outlook seems to handle telephone calls is, you choose your
Contact, you select Communicate\Call, choose the phone number, and hit
"Start Call." Then you pick up the handset of your telephone to do the
talking.

Is there any way to make this work with a headset
(headphones/microphone) connected to the computer, instead of a separate
telephone?

Steven L.
sdlitvin(a)earthlinkNOSPAM.net
Remove the "NOSPAM" before sending to this email address.

From: Russ Valentine on
Outlook has no role in this at all. It uses the Windows dialer to dial
numbers.
As far as I know, the Windows dialer has no support for voice modems, but
you'd need to confirm that in a Windows group.
--
Russ Valentine

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
That would be a feature of the modem and driver. I believe it works with
some speakerphone capable modems.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?