From: Robert Crandal on
I'm thinking about creating a yearly Excel file where
each month will have its own sheet and associated
tab. This means that my file will contain 12 tabs.

The problem with having 12 tabs is that they all cannot
be visible at the same time at the bottom of the
workbook, due to the limited width at the bottom.
Ideally, I would like all 12 tabs to be visible at the
same time. Is this possible? If not, does anyone
have any creative ideas on how to create a 12
sheet workbook that doesnt involve cluttered
or partially visible tabs at the bottom of the workbook??

thank u!

From: Bob Phillips on
The thing that stops them all being visible is the length of the tab name.

Does using names of Jan, Feb, Mar make them all visible for you?

--

HTH

Bob

From: ozgrid.com on
See this page for some ideas
http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/sheet-index.htm

--
Regards
Dave Hawley

From: OssieMac on
Hi robert,

The factors that will affect you here are;
Screen resolution.
Length of tab names.
How much you are prepared to compress the horizontal scroll bar. (Position
the mouse pointer just to the left of the left arrow button on the horizontal
scroll bar and find the position where you get two vertical parallel lines
with a right and left arrow then hold the mouse button and drag to right or
left.)
Using Bob Phillips suggestion of Jan, Feb Mar etc allows me to get the 12
sheets without compressing the horizontal scroll bar.

--
Regards,

OssieMac

From: Roger Govier on
Hi Robert

You have had answers about tab size.
However, I would urge you not to put your data in 12 separate tabs,
unless the amount of overall data for the year is going to exceed 65,536
rows (XL2003) or 1 million rows (XL2007).

For subsequent analysis, you will find it much easier to have all the
data on one tab.
Add an extra column to your existing data, headed Month.
Use Autofilter to filter my month to show any individual Month's data.

--
Regards
Roger Govier