From: Ahmad on
hi
I use Vista and Vs 2008 and when i write this code:"Socket socket = new Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Raw, ProtocolType.IP);" i have this exception
{
An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

error code: 10013

SocketErrorCode: System.Net.Sockets.SocketError.AccessDenied
}

I turn off the firewall,antivirus and i,m the administartor but the still!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please any one can help me?

Les Caudle wrote:

ms sec fix caused SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions
13-Mar-08

I've got code that's been working for years.

This is running on Win2003 Server whiled logged in as the admin.

When the MS sec fixes were installed last night, this code now fails with:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a
way forbidden by its access permissions

IDictionary props = new Hashtable();
props["name"] = "tcp";
props["port"] = 1234;
props["rejectRemoteRequests"] = "true";
props["bindTo"]= "127.0.0.1";

BinaryServerFormatterSinkProvider srv = new BinaryServerFormatterSinkProvider();

TcpServerChannel chnl = new TcpServerChannel(props,srv);

ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(chnl, false); // fails at this point

How can I resolve this?
--
Thanks in advance, Les Caudle

On Thursday, March 13, 2008 10:56 AM
Les Caudle wrote:

[...]

On Thursday, March 13, 2008 1:40 PM
Les Caudle wrote:

Actually, it fails on the TcpServerChannel chnl =
Actually, it fails on the TcpServerChannel chnl = new
TcpServerChannel(props,srv); - and only on Win2003 Server.

As the user has admin priv, I don't see how it can fail to have proper
permissions.

Anyone have a clue - I'm dead in the water until I resolve this?

Thanks, Les Caudle

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:56:25 -0500, Les Caudle <DotNetWannabe(a)newsgroup.nospam>
wrote:

On Friday, March 14, 2008 3:37 AM
stchen wrote:

Hi Les,From your description, the remoting application used to work but stop
Hi Les,

From your description, the remoting application used to work but stop
working after installed some windows security updates on the machine,
correct?

As you mentioned that it is the TCP server channel that cause the problem.
I think it maybe caused by the remoting runtime failed to start listening
on the port you specified. Have you enabled windows firewall on the server
machine, maybe the sec patch has reset the port setting. If this is the
case, you can try add the port as exception. Also, you can check whether
there is other firewall software that may block the listening port. BTW,
for general test, you can also try running a normal socket program which
listen on the certain tcp port to see whether it works.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

msdnmg(a)microsoft.com.

ications.

access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

<DotNetWannabe(a)newsgroup.nospam>
socket in a
BinaryServerFormatterSinkProvider();

WPF Circular Progress Indicator