From: Alberto Poblacion on
"Ahmad Slo" wrote in message news:201046124527engahmadslo(a)hotmail.com...
> I use Vista and Vs 2008 [...]
> I turn off the firewall,antivirus and i,m the administartor but the
> still!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, if you are on Vista you are not Administrator, because UAC lowers
your permissions to those of an ordinary user.

You can start Visual Studio by right-clicking on its icon and selecting
"Run as Administrator". That should do the trick.
If you want a more permanent solution, add a Manifest to the project
with the "RequireAdministrator" parameter.

From: Bert Hyman on
In news:#iDsJma1KHA.3412(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl "Alberto Poblacion"
<earthling-quitaestoparacontestar(a)poblacion.org> wrote:

> "Ahmad Slo" wrote in message
>> I use Vista and Vs 2008 [...]
>> I turn off the firewall,antivirus and i,m the administartor but the
>
> No, if you are on Vista you are not Administrator, because UAC
> lowers your permissions to those of an ordinary user.

A policy certainly put in place by Mordac, the Preventer of Information
Services.

Security is more important than usability.

http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2007-11-16/

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert(a)iphouse.com