From: Merciadri Luca on
Hi,

I've got an HTC Desire that I generally connect to this computer, and
sharing pictures, videos, etc., works great. Some weeks ago, I tried
using the Android SDK for x86. After having installed it, Say that my
Android SDK is located at ~/android-sdk/. Then, I directly noticed that
~/android-sdk/tools/ddms wrote `????? unknown device' for the connected
(and listed device). In the console, I receive

==
14:25 W/ddms: Unable to get frame buffer: device (????????????) request
rejected: insufficient permissions for device
==

I then checked

==
$ ./adb devices
List of devices attached
???????????? no permissions
==

There appears to be a permission problem. I then wrote a
`51-android.rules' file (with chmod a+r) in /etc/udev/rules.d/, such that

==
# cat 51-android.rules
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bb4", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0c87",
MODE="0666"
==

(the idVendor is the HTC one). I then restarted udev, but to no avail:
same problems. Any idea?

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.