From: Arndt Roger Schneider on
I am pleased to announce the availability of:

Runtime Library 3.0
Gestalt Items 1.1
Hugelist 1.4

The two libraries and hugelist
contain Tcl/Tk composite windows written
in Tcl.

Most notable are the goolbar, gooleditor and
galette which implement an AQUA� compliant toolbar
environment, with extensive vector graphics support
Download them from sourceforge:

http://gestaltitems.sourceforge.net/

*Runtime Library*

The Documentation of the Runtime Library is now
complete including the manual pages:

http://gestaltitems.sourceforge.net/rtl/index.html
http://gestaltitems.sourceforge.net/rtl/rtl_scrollwin_template.html

/One special note on toplevel management, the toplevel management
functions inside the Runtime Library contain a history
mechanism. These mechanism stores the last geometry of a managed
toplevel window inside the option database, from were it will
be reused whenever these toplevel window is re-created:/

http://gestaltitems.sourceforge.net/rtl/RTL_Toplevel.html

*Hugelist*

The 1.4 release is a bug-fixed version of Maurice Ulis original
hugelist. The single complete new feature is support for vector
graphics as additional icons.

A separate article explains what can be done with
hugelist 1.4. The atricle's main focus is on
on-demand data acquisition.

http://gestaltitems.sourceforge.net/hugelist/index.html

*Gestalt Items*

Mostly bug-fixes.
*Gstripes* gained most new features, such as the
ability to manage background contours with holes in
it.

Additional and _non-rectangular_ focus-frames --even
with splines (Thanks to TclSplines:
http://flightaware-tcltools.googlecode.com/files/tclspline-1.0.tar.gz).

This anhanced focus management is being used
in the goolbar for focus rings around vector icons.

Examples are shown inside the documentation (SVG!):
http://gestaltitems.sourceforge.net/geitems/goolbar_template.html

*Ruby*
*Python*
*Lisp*

Entirely new for both libraries are
wrapper classes for Ruby, Python and Lisp.

*Emacs Skeletons*
Are available for the contained composite windows:

Example Skeleton for the pendingMbutton message:
(define-skeleton goolbar-pendingmbutton-tcl
"pendingMbutton (goolbar)" ()
(goolbar-template)
resume: " pendingMbutton "

> ( "param width: " str " " (signal 'quit 'recursive) )
resume:

> ( "param height: " str " " (signal 'quit 'recursive) )
resume:

)

(define-abbrev tcl-mode-abbrev-table
"pendingmbutton"
"" 'goolbar-pendingmbutton-tcl)

*XCode Text Macros*

A new Tcl-Mode for the Apple Inc.� XCode and
text macros for the contained composite windows.

Side note:
If you want to use Xcode for editing Tcl:
The required files are Tcl.pblangspec, Tcl.pbfilespec,
Tcl.xctxtmacro Install instructions are to be found in the
README.

Unfortunately I did not manage to register
a Tcl-source browser, hence no diagram support for Tcl :-(

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gestaltitems/files/Gestalt%20Items%201.1/geitemsXcode11.tgz/download

Have fun

-roger