From: gtr on
Here's a pic from a website as displayed in Safari 5.0 on my iMac (os
10.6.3). The tilde over the "a" in Jo�o Gilberto's name is "question
marked" throughout.

http://grab.by/4UD9

Is this me, or is it the website? What can be done on my, or the
website's end, to correct this?

Simple answers for simple minds appreciated.
--
If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

From: Davoud on
gtr:

> Here's a pic from a website as displayed in Safari 5.0 on my iMac (os
> 10.6.3). The tilde over the "a" in Jo�o Gilberto's name is "question
> marked" throughout.
>
> http://grab.by/4UD9
>
> Is this me, or is it the website? What can be done on my, or the
> website's end, to correct this?
>
> Simple answers for simple minds appreciated.

You would have to provide the URL of the web site. A two dimensional
screen grab carries no evidence of what's wrong, gives no one the
opportunity to duplicate your problem.

Davoud

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
From: Davoud on
gtr:

> > Here's a pic from a website as displayed in Safari 5.0 on my iMac (os
> > 10.6.3). The tilde over the "a" in Jo�o Gilberto's name is "question
> > marked" throughout.
> >
> > http://grab.by/4UD9
> >
> > Is this me, or is it the website? What can be done on my, or the
> > website's end, to correct this?
> >
> > Simple answers for simple minds appreciated.

Davoud:
> You would have to provide the URL of the web site. A two dimensional
> screen grab carries no evidence of what's wrong, gives no one the
> opportunity to duplicate your problem.

Never mind. I found the web page at
<http://daniellathompson.com/Texts/Reviews/Bim-Bom.htm>. I'm afraid
that the problem is local; in each instance of Jo�o, the tilde in Jo�o
shows up fine in my browser Safari 5) on two Macs (I'm not going to try
all 11 or whatever it is at the moment), one iPad, and one iPhone.

Look at your text encoding ("Default"). Check that you have the
appropriate font on your system. The only one mentioned in the source
code is Palatino.

From: Phillip Jones on
Davoud wrote:
> gtr:
>
>>> Here's a pic from a website as displayed in Safari 5.0 on my iMac (os
>>> 10.6.3). The tilde over the "a" in João Gilberto's name is "question
>>> marked" throughout.
>>>
>>> http://grab.by/4UD9
>>>
>>> Is this me, or is it the website? What can be done on my, or the
>>> website's end, to correct this?
>>>
>>> Simple answers for simple minds appreciated.
>
> Davoud:
>> You would have to provide the URL of the web site. A two dimensional
>> screen grab carries no evidence of what's wrong, gives no one the
>> opportunity to duplicate your problem.
>
> Never mind. I found the web page at
> <http://daniellathompson.com/Texts/Reviews/Bim-Bom.htm>. I'm afraid
> that the problem is local; in each instance of João, the tilde in João
> shows up fine in my browser Safari 5) on two Macs (I'm not going to try
> all 11 or whatever it is at the moment), one iPad, and one iPhone.
>
> Look at your text encoding ("Default"). Check that you have the
> appropriate font on your system. The only one mentioned in the source
> code is Palatino.
>
> Davoud

Showed fine for me.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net mailto:pjones1(a)kimbanet.com

From: gtr on
On 2010-06-13 16:03:55 -0700, Davoud said:

> gtr:
>
>>> Here's a pic from a website as displayed in Safari 5.0 on my iMac (os
>>> 10.6.3). The tilde over the "a" in Jo�o Gilberto's name is "question
>>> marked" throughout.
>>>
>>> http://grab.by/4UD9
>>>
>>> Is this me, or is it the website? What can be done on my, or the
>>> website's end, to correct this?
>>>
>>> Simple answers for simple minds appreciated.
>
> Davoud:
>> You would have to provide the URL of the web site. A two dimensional
>> screen grab carries no evidence of what's wrong, gives no one the
>> opportunity to duplicate your problem.

Sorry I didn't provide it.

> Never mind. I found the web page at
> <http://daniellathompson.com/Texts/Reviews/Bim-Bom.htm>. I'm afraid
> that the problem is local; in each instance of Jo�o, the tilde in Jo�o
> shows up fine in my browser Safari 5) on two Macs (I'm not going to try
> all 11 or whatever it is at the moment), one iPad, and one iPhone.
>
> Look at your text encoding ("Default"). Check that you have the
> appropriate font on your system. The only one mentioned in the source
> code is Palatino.

So the problem is that *I* don't have the Palatino font installed?
--
If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?