From: nomail on
I'm looking for an MBAM equivalent for a Mac - suggestions
appreciated.

My daughter has a Mac and it is suffering from a DNS hijacker.
About all I can find is MacScan at http://www.dnschanger.com/
Any good for malware removal? There is also a free prog to fix
the DNS hijacker which I'll try.

Pete

From: David W. Hodgins on
On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 18:14:03 -0400, <nomail(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> My daughter has a Mac and it is suffering from a DNS hijacker.

I'm not familiar with the Mac os, but I understand it is based
on bsd linux.

What are the contents of /etc/resolv.conf (if that file exists
on a mac). On linux systems, that is the file that contains
the ip address(s) of the name servers the system uses.

I'd also check the router, to see if it's been hacked. If the
router uses the default ip/admin password, it can be hacked to
no matter what os is used by systems using that router.

Regards, Dave Hodgins

From: Wolf K on
nomail(a)hotmail.com wrote:
> I'm looking for an MBAM equivalent for a Mac - suggestions
> appreciated.
>
> My daughter has a Mac and it is suffering from a DNS hijacker.
> About all I can find is MacScan at http://www.dnschanger.com/
> Any good for malware removal? There is also a free prog to fix
> the DNS hijacker which I'll try.
>
> Pete

I suggest reposting on seattle.users.macintosh. Very little traffic on
that site, but I've noticed that questions do get answered.

Good luck
wolf k.