From: "Quilljar" not on
I have been using this AV program for a month or so now along with over
100,000 others.
It seems fine and will also work alongside any other AV program . It is
free.
Does anyone else here have any experience of it? Any Views?

This is not spam, I have no connections with the program.

From: FromTheRafters on
"Quilljar" <not(a)home .today> wrote in message

>I have been using this AV program for a month or so now along with over
>100,000 others.

100,001 AVs are far too many to run on one machine - the most that is
recommended is 1.

> It seems fine and will also work alongside any other AV program.

Hmmm...makes me wonder what *kind* of AV program it is.

> It is free.

So are viruses.

> Does anyone else here have any experience of it? Any Views?

Not here, but I may read up on it to see how it is possible to not
conflict with any other of 100,000 AV programs.

Okay, I'm just joking around a little.

> This is not spam, I have no connections with the program.

I believe you, but not just because you say so. :o)

From: FromTheRafters on
"Quilljar" <not(a)home .today> wrote in message
>I have been using this AV program for a month or so now along with over
>100,000 others.
> It seems fine and will also work alongside any other AV program . It
> is free.
> Does anyone else here have any experience of it? Any Views?
>
> This is not spam, I have no connections with the program.

Hi, I'm back....cloud computing...more digging to do, but so far I'd say
that it seems intended to be in addition to your own resident AV
program. No conflicts because it uses another scheme..?...like I said
....more digging.

From: Victek on
> I have been using this AV program for a month or so now along with over
> 100,000 others.
> It seems fine and will also work alongside any other AV program . It is
> free.
> Does anyone else here have any experience of it? Any Views?
>
> This is not spam, I have no connections with the program.
I used it for a while along side another AV without problems. They recently
added ClamAV to the mix. The problem with Immunet is it hasn't been
seriously tested AFAICT. I have no idea to what extent it can be relied on.
I eventually switched to Prevx which has a proven track record. They are
offering a free version available through Facebook which includes a
subscription to their SafeOnline component (protects web pages from various
"loggers").

From: "Quilljar" not on

>I have been using this AV program for a month or so now along with over
>>100,000 others.
>
> 100,001 AVs are far too many to run on one machine - the most that is
> recommended is 1.

I meant along with another 100,000 users, which, of course you did realise
but others reading this may no!

Thank you for your comments. the cloud is a relatively new concept which
seems worth looking into...

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Free Avira 10 Problems