From: Buffalo on
I tried upgrading from the free version 9 to the new 10 version and received
a message stating that "Entry Point not Found" in the title and that message
body started out with "Procedure Entry Point?_Xbad(a)trl.................."
goes on quite a bit.
I am using Win2000Pro SP4 and updated on the MS site.
Anyone else having problems installing the new 10 free version?
I even tried uninstalling and installing in Safe Mode. Same problem when the
reboot is finished.
Buffalo

From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
Buffalo wrote:

> I tried upgrading from the free version 9 to the new 10 version and
> received a message stating that "Entry Point not Found" in the title
> and that message body started out with "Procedure Entry
> Point?_Xbad(a)trl.................." goes on quite a bit.
> I am using Win2000Pro SP4 and updated on the MS site.

<http://download.cnet.com/Avira-AntiVir-Personal-Free-Antivirus/3000-2239_4-10322935.html>

"Operating system: Windows 7/XP 64-bit/32-bit/Vista 32-bit/64-bit "

I see no mention of Windows 2000 ... Sorry, Charlie.

--
-bts
From: Buffalo on

FredW wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 08:40:06 -0600, "Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> I tried upgrading from the free version 9 to the new 10 version and
>> received a message stating that "Entry Point not Found" in the title
>> and that message body started out with "Procedure Entry
>> Point?_Xbad(a)trl.................." goes on quite a bit.
>> I am using Win2000Pro SP4 and updated on the MS site.
>> Anyone else having problems installing the new 10 free version?
>> I even tried uninstalling and installing in Safe Mode. Same problem
>> when the reboot is finished.
>> Buffalo
>
> After uninstalling Avira 9, I used the registry cleaner of Avira:
> http://www.avira.com/en/support/kbdetails.php?id=135
> (see 1. preliminary steps)
>
> After that I could install version 10 without problems.
>
> My first uninstall 9 / install 10 failed, so I tried the registry
> cleaner of Avira and thereafter version 10 installed correctly.

I also tried the Registry Cleaner from Avira in Normal Mode and deleted all
it found and then rebooted and tried to install 10 again.
Same error.
I will try the Avira Forum as I am still registered there.
I will review your link and see if I missed anything.
If anyone has another suggestion, please reply.
Thanks,
Buffalo

PS:Actual msg

Avcenter.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry
point?_Xbad(a)tr1@std@@YAX4error_type(a)regex_constants@12@@Z could not be
located in the dynamic link library MSVCP90.dll

From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
FredW wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
>>Buffalo wrote:
>>> I tried upgrading from the free version 9 to the new 10 version...
>>> I am using Win2000Pro SP4 and updated on the MS site.
>>
>> <http://download.cnet.com/Avira-AntiVir-Personal-Free-Antivirus/3000-2239_4-10322935.html>
>>
>> "Operating system: Windows 7/XP 64-bit/32-bit/Vista 32-bit/64-bit "
>>
>> I see no mention of Windows 2000 ... Sorry, Charlie.
>
> But here Windows 2000 is s/required/accepted:
> http://www.majorgeeks.com/Avira_AntiVir_Personal_-_FREE_Antivirus_d955.html

Well then, one of them is wrong. <shrug>
I do not see anything on the avira site to confirm or deny. Perhaps
Buffalo should ask them - and have them clear up the info on the mirror
sites.

--
-bts
From: Buffalo on

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> FredW wrote:

<http://download.cnet.com/Avira-AntiVir-Personal-Free-Antivirus/3000-2239_4-
10322935.html>

>>> "Operating system: Windows 7/XP 64-bit/32-bit/Vista 32-bit/64-bit "
>>>
>>> I see no mention of Windows 2000 ... Sorry, Charlie.
>>
>> But here Windows 2000 is s/required/accepted:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Avira_AntiVir_Personal_-_FREE_Antivirus_d955.html

> Well then, one of them is wrong. <shrug>
> I do not see anything on the avira site to confirm or deny. Perhaps
> Buffalo should ask them - and have them clear up the info on the
> mirror sites.

I posted in the Avira Forum and I am waiting for results.
According to the Avira site:
http://www.avira.com/en/products/avira_antivir_premium_3.html
Win2000,SP4 and Update Rollup 1 is supported. I have that.
I think I may just try to find the ver 9 and try it until I can get this
solved.
Thanks
Buffalo

 |  Next  |  Last