From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
Buffalo wrote:

> I posted in the Avira Forum and I am waiting for results.
> According to the Avira site:
> http://www.avira.com/en/products/avira_antivir_premium_3.html
> Win2000,SP4 and Update Rollup 1 is supported. I have that.

Check and make sure that isn't just for the premium version ...

> I think I may just try to find the ver 9 and try it until I can get
> this solved.

Didn't you already have v.9?

--
-bts
From: Buffalo on

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Buffalo wrote:
>
>> I posted in the Avira Forum and I am waiting for results.
>> According to the Avira site:
>> http://www.avira.com/en/products/avira_antivir_premium_3.html
>> Win2000,SP4 and Update Rollup 1 is supported. I have that.
>
> Check and make sure that isn't just for the premium version ...
>
>> I think I may just try to find the ver 9 and try it until I can get
>> this solved.
>
> Didn't you already have v.9?

Yes, but I uninstalled it and I don't have a copy.
Avguard.exe is running in the ver 10 and I can rt click on a folder and have
it scanned by AntiVir, it seems that I just cannot open up the Avira Desktop
Control Panel to make changes, set the config,update or?
I do not get an Avira icon on my toolbar. I believe Avira is active, but not
really sure what it is set to scan.
According to Win Patrol Plus, avguard.exe and sched.exe (both Avira AntiVir)
are running and nothing else related to Avira is.
Buffalo

From: Buffalo on

FredW wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:56:21 -0600, "Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid>
> wrote:
>

>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

>>> Check and make sure that isn't just for the premium version ...

>>> Didn't you already have v.9?
>>
>> Yes, but I uninstalled it and I don't have a copy.
>
> http://www.oldapps.com/antivir.php
> (version 9.0.0.418 is the correct size)

Thank you.
Buffalo
PS: I will uninstall ver 10 and use their registry cleaner and then see if
ver 9 will work.
If so, I will then try to use the auto update process to see it will install
ver 10.

From: Buffalo on

FredW wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:56:21 -0600, "Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid>
> wrote:
>

>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

>>> Check and make sure that isn't just for the premium version ...

>>> Didn't you already have v.9?
>>
>> Yes, but I uninstalled it and I don't have a copy.
>
> http://www.oldapps.com/antivir.php
> (version 9.0.0.418 is the correct size)

Uninstalled Ver 10 and installed Ver 9 and applied the lastest updates for
it and it is working fine.
It is still Ver 9 and I will keep it that way for the time being.
Thanks for the link.
Buffalo

From: Buffalo on

FredW wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:15:57 -0600, "Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid>
> wrote:
>> FredW wrote:

>>> http://www.oldapps.com/antivir.php
>>> (version 9.0.0.418 is the correct size)
>>
>> Uninstalled Ver 10 and installed Ver 9 and applied the lastest
>> updates for it and it is working fine.
>> It is still Ver 9 and I will keep it that way for the time being.
>> Thanks for the link.
>
> Nice that version 9 is now working again.
Yes it is. :)
Thanks again,
Buffalo

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last