From: Jerry Martin on

"Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid> wrote in message

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> FredW wrote:

> <http://download.cnet.com/Avira-AntiVir-Personal-Free-Antivirus/3000-2239_4-
> 10322935.html>

>>> But here Windows 2000 is s/required/accepted:
>>>
> http://www.majorgeeks.com/Avira_AntiVir_Personal_-_FREE_Antivirus_d955.html
>>
>> Well then, one of them is wrong. <shrug>
>> I do not see anything on the avira site to confirm or deny. Perhaps
>> Buffalo should ask them - and have them clear up the info on the
>> mirror sites.
>
> I posted in the Avira Forum and I am waiting for results.
> According to the Avira site:
> http://www.avira.com/en/products/avira_antivir_premium_3.html
> Win2000,SP4 and Update Rollup 1 is supported. I have that.
> I think I may just try to find the ver 9 and try it until I can get this
> solved.
> Thanks
> Buffalo

Hello:

While the Avira AntiVir Personal/Free Edition web site does not have a page
showing the systems requirements that I can find, I have downloaded the PDF
manual for AntiVir Free at:
http://www.free-av.com/documents/products/pdf/en/man_avira_antivir-personal_en.pdf .

This manual states under systems requirements:

"- Operating system
- Windows 2000, SP4 and update rollup 1 or
- Windows XP, SP2 (32 or 64 Bit) or
- Windows Vista (32 or 64 Bit, SP 1 recommended)
- Windows 7 (32 or 64 Bit)"

So Avira seems to be saying that it still does support Win 2K for now.

And while the systems requirements page for AntiVir Premium at:
http://www.avira.com/en/products/avira_antivir_premium_3.html does say it
supports "Windows 2000, SP4 and Update Rollup 1", it also states "Note:
Windows 2000 won't be supported any longer as of 13 July 2011."

Cheers,
Jerry

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3