From: FromTheRafters on
"Quilljar" <not(a)home .today> wrote in message

>>I have been using this AV program for a month or so now along with
>>over
>>>100,000 others.
>>
>> 100,001 AVs are far too many to run on one machine - the most that is
>> recommended is 1.
>

> I meant along with another 100,000 users, which, of course you did
> realise but others reading this may no!
>
> Thank you for your comments. the cloud is a relatively new concept
> which seems worth looking into...

I envision the scheme as a feedback loop (once an electronics geek,
always an electronics geek).

Something new comes out, gets itself noticed (by participants in the
cloud), gets "fingerprinted" by AV, AV gets fingerprints distributed to
users, something new comes out.

The tighter the loop, the higher the frequency, the smaller the period
(the window of opportunity shrinks for the malware). The proof will be
in the pudding - is it scaleable - can it maintain the tight loop under
heavy usage (by clients).

....then of course, it depends on internet access even more than other
AV's do.

From: T.H on
FromTheRafters wrote:
> "Quilljar" <not(a)home .today> wrote in message
>>> I have been using this AV program for a month or so now along with
>>> over
>>> 100,001 AVs are far too many to run on one machine - the most that is
>>> recommended is 1.
>>
>> I meant along with another 100,000 users, which, of course you did
>> realise but others reading this may no!
>>
>> Thank you for your comments. the cloud is a relatively new concept
>> which seems worth looking into...
>
> I envision the scheme as a feedback loop (once an electronics geek,
> always an electronics geek).
>
> Something new comes out, gets itself noticed (by participants in the
> cloud), gets "fingerprinted" by AV, AV gets fingerprints distributed to
> users, something new comes out.
>
> The tighter the loop, the higher the frequency, the smaller the period
> (the window of opportunity shrinks for the malware). The proof will be
> in the pudding - is it scaleable - can it maintain the tight loop under
> heavy usage (by clients).
>
> ...then of course, it depends on internet access even more than other
> AV's do.

FTR (electronics geek question): Why did the Polish airliner, during a
landing attempt, suddenly flip over just feet above the runway killing
all aboard?
From: FromTheRafters on
"T.H" <tinfolihat(a)nospamplease.com> wrote in message

> FTR (electronics geek question): Why did the Polish airliner, during a
> landing attempt, suddenly flip over just feet above the runway killing
> all aboard?

The tower said it was time to turn the plane over to ground control?

....I'll probably be sorry I asked, but why did it? :o/

From: T.H on
FromTheRafters wrote:
> "T.H" <tinfolihat(a)nospamplease.com> wrote in message
>
>> FTR (electronics geek question): Why did the Polish airliner, during a
>> landing attempt, suddenly flip over just feet above the runway killing
>> all aboard?
>
> The tower said it was time to turn the plane over to ground control?
>
> ...I'll probably be sorry I asked, but why did it? :o/

From the Nyquist Stability Criterion(a).

All the "poles" shifted to the right half plane. Recall the poles and
zeros of the polynomial transfer function. The poles being in the
denominator.

The the "poles" shifted to the right half (of the) plane, it became
unstable and flipped over. :-)

Nyquist holds that when the poles are in the right half plane, the
system feedback loop can become unstable and run to infinity, thus unstable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist_stability_criterion

Enjoy, fellow nerd(s)!

T.H
From: FromTheRafters on
> FromTheRafters wrote:
>> "T.H" <tinfolihat(a)nospamplease.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> FTR (electronics geek question): Why did the Polish airliner, during
>>> a landing attempt, suddenly flip over just feet above the runway
>>> killing all aboard?
>>
>> The tower said it was time to turn the plane over to ground control?
>>
>> ...I'll probably be sorry I asked, but why did it? :o/
> From the Nyquist Stability Criterion(a).
>
> All the "poles" shifted to the right half plane. Recall the poles and
> zeros of the polynomial transfer function. The poles being in the
> denominator.
>
> The the "poles" shifted to the right half (of the) plane, it became
> unstable and flipped over. :-)
>
> Nyquist holds that when the poles are in the right half plane, the
> system feedback loop can become unstable and run to infinity, thus
> unstable.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist_stability_criterion
>
> Enjoy, fellow nerd(s)!

Nope, never would have guessed that. :o)

I remember a demonstration using a dripping water faucet, plotting the
regularity of the drops as the flow was gradually increased. This was
somehow related to chaos theory and is how I came here. From chaos
theory and fractal geometry - to cellular automata -"life" - artificial
life - computer viruses.

....and we're back on topic. :oD

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2