From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Virus Guy" <Virus(a)Guy.com>

< snip >

| I have run other on-demand and installed malware scanners on XP machines
| in addition to NAV 2002. One being "The Cleaner" by Moosoft (which is
| an AV app that I've never seen as part of Virus Total - maybe Lipman can
| explain why).

< snip >

Julio would know the answer but, it isn't a question I'd waste his time with.

Perhaps they don't have a CLS they can provide him or they never asked to have their
application added to the list.

--
Dave

From: gufus on
Hello, David!

You wrote on Sat, 17 Apr 2010 17:18:42 -0400:

|> Once I get a chance to install NAV on my XPP box, I'll put it on a
|> mapped DIR pointing to the MS-DOS box.
|
|> BTY... will Avira and NAV run side-by-side on XPP/XPH?
|
| Yes but ONLY if NAV is an "On Demand" scanner. If it installs an "On
| Access" capability, don't do it!

'k

Looks like...

Avira - Gard
NAV - Auto-protect

Both have a on/off switch, I like Gard.

--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: gufus on
Hello, Virus!

You wrote on Sat, 17 Apr 2010 17:35:44 -0400:

>> BTY... will Avira and NAV run side-by-side on XPP/XPH?
|
| My impression is that there will be no conflict.

Well the install and update went smooth.. NO PROB :)
But there is /no/ "navdx.exe" anywhere :(
Ideas?

--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: 98 Guy on
gufus wrote:

> Well the install and update went smooth.. NO PROB :)
> But there is /no/ "navdx.exe" anywhere :(
> Ideas?

Based on some investigation I've just done, I can tell you this:
navdx.exe is not present when NAV 2002 is installed on Win-XP machines.
But it is present when installed on win-98 systems.

Here is a download link for navdx.exe:

www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/19/2010382/NAVDX.ZIP

Zip password is "a" (no quotes). It will unzip to navdx.xex. Rename it
to navdx.exe.
From: gufus on
Hi 98,

Sunday April 18 2010, 98 Guy writes to gufus:

> From: 98(a)Guy.com

>> Well the install and update went smooth.. NO PROB :)
>> But there is /no/ "navdx.exe" anywhere :(
>> Ideas?

> Based on some investigation I've just done, I can tell you
> this: navdx.exe is not present when NAV 2002 is installed on
> Win-XP machines. But it is present when installed on win-98
> systems.

Ah.....

> Here is a download link for navdx.exe:

> Zip password is "a" (no quotes). It will unzip to
> navdx.xex. Rename it to navdx.exe.

Thanks again 98, I'm sure glad I did the install on my notebook because it
kinna screwed up everything, now I'm trying to get Avira back up, it's a
/long/ story like with everything with computers and software clashes.

--
K Klement

Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
mailto:info(a)gypsy-designs.com
Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

.... Negative expectations yield negative results.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Work switching from Trend to McAfee
Next: HELP DESK