From: Netta on
John, Where do I go to check to see if microsoft is providing a virus
protection for me with windows updates
--
lovely

From: C on
Netta wrote:
> John, Where do I go to check to see if microsoft is providing a virus
> protection for me with windows updates

You don't. Go to microsoft.com and search for Security Essentials.
Windows Updates does NOT provide you with virus protection. It seems
that you don't have *any* protection at the moment.

From: dan on
try this: http://www.avast.com

From: Bruce Hagen on

"Netta" <Netta(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> John, Where do I go to check to see if microsoft is providing a virus
> protection for me with windows updates
> --
> lovely

Microsoft Security Essentials:
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/default.aspx
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 08:58:05 -0800, Netta
<Netta(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> John, Where do I go to check to see if microsoft is providing a virus
> protection for me with windows updates

Microsoft does *not* provide virus protection for you. You need to
install anti-virus software, from Microsoft (Microsoft Security
Essentials) or from some other vendor.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup