From: Michael W. Ryder on
BobS wrote:
> Problem started about a month ago. IE7 would intermittently not connect
> to internet but yet, client could connect to any other computer on the
> network 100% of the time.
>
> Have since installed IE8 (no help), latest Nvidia network driver (no
> help).
>
> Wired side works fine and connects up 100%.
>
> Have tried lot's of things - to many to explain here but if someone has
> been down this road, I sure would like to hear from you for some ideas.

Have you tried using the 'Diagnose Connection Problems' wizard in the
Tools tab of IE? I had a problem where Firefox would connect without
problem but IE would only connect about 10% of the time. Updates and
different versions of IE had the same results. Running the wizard found
a problem with the stack (?) that it was able to fix and eliminated the
problems.