From: Mark Conrad on

If so, in 36 short hours the cost of Dragon medical
will go from $1,600 (USD) all the way up to $2,200

I received mine at the (present) price, yesterday.

I run it on a MacBook Pro. (Boot Camp partition)

No increase in features naturally, just a price increase

Nuance effectively controls the speech recognition
market world-wide.

The "Small Practice" edition will also be affected.

Mark-
From: Steve Firth on
Mark Conrad <aeiou(a)mostly.invalid> wrote:

> If so, in 36 short hours the cost of Dragon medical
> will go from $1,600 (USD) all the way up to $2,200

No one cares.
From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:05:48 -0700, Mark Conrad <aeiou(a)mostly.invalid>
wrote:

>If so, in 36 short hours the cost of Dragon medical
>will go from $1,600 (USD) all the way up to $2,200

No justification, just monopololistic gouging? Ace.

There are other voice rec engines coming through these days, by the
way. My company does a fair bit of IVR work, and I'd expect various
others to be dipping their toes in the retail market relatively soon.

Cheers - Jaimie (why does gouge look like it's spelt wrong?)
--
"Don't drag me down to your level, meat." -- Red Robot #C-63
From: Rowland McDonnell on
Mark Conrad <aeiou(a)mostly.invalid> wrote:

> If so, in 36 short hours the cost of Dragon medical
> will go from $1,600 (USD) all the way up to $2,200
>
> I received mine at the (present) price, yesterday.
>
> I run it on a MacBook Pro. (Boot Camp partition)
>

> No increase in features naturally, just a price increase
>
> Nuance effectively controls the speech recognition
> market world-wide.
>
> The "Small Practice" edition will also be affected.

It occurs to me that while this price increase is an outrageous example
of a monopoly provider abusing its position: it's still cheaper than
having a secretarial type following you around taking dictation.

Rowland.

--
Remove the animal for email address: rowland.mcdonnell(a)dog.physics.org
Sorry - the spam got to me
From: James Jolley on
On 2010-06-29 22:39:05 +0100, %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) said:

> Mark Conrad <aeiou(a)mostly.invalid> wrote:
>
>> If so, in 36 short hours the cost of Dragon medical
>> will go from $1,600 (USD) all the way up to $2,200
>
> No one cares.

True enough and this is obviously troll bating on his part, giving
american currencies.

Oh and Steve, watch out for McFucktard, he's off on one again.