From: Justbob30 on
"Sam" <scams(a)att.net> wrote in message
> I am planning to purchase a Dell Studio XPS 9000 computer. However, I
> have become a bit concerned since I have been monitoring the Dell
> Community Forum for the last three months. I have seen many compliments
> about how bad Dell's customer support is now. Based on the total number
> of computers sold by Dell, maybe these complaints are a comparatively
> small number, and are not representative of the overall quality of Dell's
> customer service??
>
> Any comments and/or suggestions would be very much appreciated, especially
> any recommended computer manufacturer with quality customer support.
> Thanks, Sam.

I think Consumer Reports hit the nail on the head, to paraphrase, they all
suck equally so it really doesn't matter who you buy from :-(.
My next desktop will be built by me at least I know what's really in there
and all the parts will be retail not some specially made (read
features/parts left off) oem junk.
As far as troubleshooting, I will be on my own, but at least I will not have
to explain my diagnoses to someone who does not understand English and is
reading from a script, yes I tried that, oh sure, wait a minute I will try
it again (not) oh no, that didn't change anything...just send me the
frigging part, I will put it in myself.