From: Dustin Cook on
Virus Guy <Virus(a)Guy.com> wrote in news:4B1BC019.D95677F5(a)Guy.com:

> "David W. Hodgins" wrote:
>
>> If you have a hard drive connected to the first ide channel,
>> with the jumpers set to master, it will be seen by the bios
>> as drive 80 (hex).
>
> That is a logical address. Not a "hardware address". The only
> addressable hardware in the path between the OS and the file system is
> the drive controller (be it IDE, SATA, USB, Firewire, SCSI, etc).

Wow. Dude, seriously. I mean no offense when I say the following:

Stop whatever repairs your doing, close your shop; get books on computer
basic hardware, 101; for ibm pcs and compatables. Do lots of reading. I
suggest you start with the old isa system and work your way up. You really
don't know what's going on....

--
Dustin Cook [Malware Researcher]
MalwareBytes - http://www.malwarebytes.org