From: Mladen Gogala on
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:03:35 -0800, Mick wrote:

> Where are looking for a tool which will show the relationships between a
> table and all its related objects such as triggers, views, procedures,
> etc.
>
> We already have TOAD which shoes these relationships in a tabular form
> but we are after a utility which would have the ability to show these
> relationship in something similar to an E-R diagram so that it could be
> printed off and given to project teams.
>
> We are interested in any recommendations anyone in the Oracle community
> would have.

That was my problem too. Disgusted by the lack of diagramming tools, I
decided to create my own. Here you can find a script which does simple ER
diagrams from the DB schema:

http://mgogala.byethost5.com/er_diagram.zip

It's a Perl script, which you can use as is. I use it when my boss asks
me to present him with the ER diagram of a schema. So far, he has been
satisfied by the output. No guarantees of suitability for any particular
purpose. The script is extremely simple and uses the GraphViz software,
available here: http://www.graphviz.org
You are also welcome to change it, if needed. The script could use
improvements. It should show table columns and label the arrows with the
foreign key constraints but I don't have the need for that right now.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com
From: Galen Boyer on
Mick <mjmstud(a)gmail.com> writes:

> Where are looking for a tool which will show the relationships between
> a table and all its related objects such as triggers, views,
> procedures, etc.
>
> We already have TOAD which shoes these relationships in a tabular form
> but we are after a utility which would have the ability to show these
> relationship in something similar to an E-R diagram so that it could
> be printed off and given to project teams.
>
> We are interested in any recommendations anyone in the Oracle
> community would have.

This works very nicely.

http://schemaspy.sourceforge.net/

Uses graphviz

--
Galen Boyer

From: Rob Burton on
On Feb 22, 9:03 pm, Mick <mjms...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Where are looking for a tool which will show the relationships between
> a table and all its related objects such as triggers, views,
> procedures, etc.
>
> We already have TOAD which shoes these relationships in a tabular form
> but we are after a utility which would have the ability to show these
> relationship in something similar to an E-R diagram so that it could
> be printed off and given to project teams.
>
> We are interested in any recommendations anyone in the Oracle
> community would have.

Power Architect.

It's free, open source, multi-platform(Java) and an excellent
diagramming tool. It even has a reasonable go at untangling the
tramlines of complicated schemas. I also like the linkable HTML output
that it gives in addition to the pdf/png ERD diagram. After years of
looking for a reasonable free ERD tool, eventually an excellent one
came along instead.
From: Shakespeare on
Op 22-2-2010 22:03, Mick schreef:
> Where are looking for a tool which will show the relationships between
> a table and all its related objects such as triggers, views,
> procedures, etc.
>
> We already have TOAD which shoes these relationships in a tabular form
> but we are after a utility which would have the ability to show these
> relationship in something similar to an E-R diagram so that it could
> be printed off and given to project teams.
>
> We are interested in any recommendations anyone in the Oracle
> community would have.

Oracle Designer.

Shakespeare