From: Eric Wilson on
On Mar 23, 7:25 am, Giovanni
<giovanni.apreaNUNCECACATEUC...(a)libero.it> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I know this is partially off topic but I was wondering if there is any good
> magazine covering html design, any suggestion?
>
> Thanks
>
> Giovanni

What happens on the web stays on the web.

Seriously though, web content is made up of and built around additive
colors whereas things in print are conveyed using subtractive colors.
Graphic design trends for the web are constantly evolving and there
are many websites that try and keep abreast of it all.

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/ <- Regularly released professional
level content very much like a print magazine would have.
http://www.csszengarden.com/ <- Maybe not as current but still a good
foundation.
http://delicious.com/?view=hotlist <- Web design links seem to come
up often.

The languages used to take your design from a graphic to a web
template don't really change all that frequently, if you are dying for
some in depth knowledge and prefer hard print then a book on learning
how to code HTML/XHTML/CSS would probably serve better than a
magazine.
From: Giovanni on
23/03/10 14:31Eric Wilson[IND][ART]

> On Mar 23, 7:25�am, Giovanni
> <giovanni.apreaNUNCECACATEUC...(a)libero.it> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I know this is partially off topic but I was wondering if there is any good
>> magazine covering html design, any suggestion?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Giovanni
>
> What happens on the web stays on the web.
>
> Seriously though, web content is made up of and built around additive
> colors whereas things in print are conveyed using subtractive colors.
> Graphic design trends for the web are constantly evolving and there
> are many websites that try and keep abreast of it all.
>
> http://www.smashingmagazine.com/ <- Regularly released professional
> level content very much like a print magazine would have.
> http://www.csszengarden.com/ <- Maybe not as current but still a good
> foundation.
> http://delicious.com/?view=hotlist <- Web design links seem to come
> up often.
>
> The languages used to take your design from a graphic to a web
> template don't really change all that frequently, if you are dying for
> some in depth knowledge and prefer hard print then a book on learning
> how to code HTML/XHTML/CSS would probably serve better than a
> magazine.

Thanks for your reply.

I am looking for a magazine as to both learn coding and to get inspiration
from styles, layout etc

My goal is to re-design the website I built for my own business and to learn
a bit, no intention of becoming a professional or whatever, just the desire
to learn a bit and to get inspiration.

Thanks

Giovanni

From: Eric Wilson on
On Mar 23, 8:40 am, Giovanni
<giovanni.apreaNUNCECACATEUC...(a)libero.it> wrote:
> 23/03/10 14:31Eric Wilson[IND][ART]
>

> > On Mar 23, 7:25 am, Giovanni
> > <giovanni.apreaNUNCECACATEUC...(a)libero.it> wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >> I know this is partially off topic but I was wondering if there is any good
> >> magazine covering html design, any suggestion?
>
> >> Thanks
>
> >> Giovanni
>
> > What happens on the web stays on the web.
>
> > Seriously though, web content is made up of and built around additive
> > colors whereas things in print are conveyed using subtractive colors.
> > Graphic design trends for the web are constantly evolving and there
> > are many websites that try and keep abreast of it all.
>
> >http://www.smashingmagazine.com/<- Regularly released professional
> > level content very much like a print magazine would have.
> >http://www.csszengarden.com/<- Maybe not as current but still a good
> > foundation.
> >http://delicious.com/?view=hotlist <- Web design links seem to come
> > up often.
>
> > The languages used to take your design from a graphic to a web
> > template don't really change all that frequently, if you are dying for
> > some in depth knowledge and prefer hard print then a book on learning
> > how to code HTML/XHTML/CSS  would probably serve better than a
> > magazine.
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I am looking for a magazine as to both learn coding and to get inspiration
> from styles, layout etc
>
> My goal is to re-design the website I built for my own business and to learn
> a bit, no intention of becoming a professional or whatever, just the desire
> to learn a bit and to get inspiration.
>
> Thanks
>
> Giovanni

I still think you are better served looking for information online,
the majority of the target demographic for such magazines would rather
view the information online than buy a magazine on the subject. This
is pretty much why Dr Dobbs Journal died. Anyway a quick google
search turned up this article:

http://vandelaydesign.com/blog/design/12-print-magazines-for-web-and-graphic-designers/

After reading a few of the comments my opinion of any magazines that
might be available has pretty much been confirmed, magazines
specifically targeted at web design are inferior to their much broader
graphic design specific cousins and/or what is available on the web.