From: Paul on
I have several interactive training modules created in PPT2003 and our
organization is upgrading to Office 2007 soon.
Are there any issues encountered when running a PPT03 in PPT07? (ie text
overlaps, image skewing, timing, text and image animations, text hyperlinks,
button macros, etc.)
Thanks!

From: David Marcovitz on
On 4/15/10 8:38 AM, Paul wrote:
> I have several interactive training modules created in PPT2003 and our
> organization is upgrading to Office 2007 soon.
> Are there any issues encountered when running a PPT03 in PPT07? (ie text
> overlaps, image skewing, timing, text and image animations, text hyperlinks,
> button macros, etc.)
> Thanks!

The short answer is yes. I'm sure others will chime in with their
favorite issues (or you can search the newsgroup and find many on your
own). The biggest one that has bugged me (pun intended) has to do with
macros that use .Visible to hide and show shapes. This seems to be very
flaky in 2007. Sometimes they work just fine and sometimes the shapes
don't change state until you leave the slide show view (not very useful
in an interactive training module). My work-around has been to change
the .Top to be somewhere off the viewable area of the slide instead of
..Visible = msoFalse. The problem is that you then have to track where
the shape belonged to get .Top back to the right setting to replace
..Visible = msoTrue.

--David

--
David M. Marcovitz