From: Paul on
David,
Many thanks for the quick reply!
The macros I have run navigation buttons I added to the bottom of each slide
so the user can pause and resume a presentation on each slide. Very small
macros, to wit:
(Sub pauses()
ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.State = ppSlideShowPaused
End Sub)

The training modules I put together have a lot of image motion path effects,
fading in/fading out, and text that must fit into precise areas (simulating
entering information on a form) and images overlaying other image to simulate
how an online form will change depending on what information is entered.
Timings, sizes, and positions are critical, as well as slide transitions.
Additionally, I have an index file created in PPT that is the "home page" for
each training module.

In concerned that the proportions will be changed and there will be a LOT of
nudging and tugging to fix a ton of slides.

Paul

From: Steve Rindsberg on

> The training modules I put together have a lot of image motion path effects,
> fading in/fading out, and text that must fit into precise areas (simulating
> entering information on a form) and images overlaying other image to simulate
> how an online form will change depending on what information is entered.
> Timings, sizes, and positions are critical, as well as slide transitions.
> Additionally, I have an index file created in PPT that is the "home page" for
> each training module.
>
> In concerned that the proportions will be changed and there will be a LOT of
> nudging and tugging to fix a ton of slides.

I don't think that should be a problem by and large.

I would certainly plan on this, though: Move from PPT 2003 format forward to 2007
format once and once only. And once there, do not go back.

You want weird, send a file back and forth between versions a few times. You got
weird and lots of it. ;-)

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: Paul on
Thanks David, Echo, and Steve, for replying quicky and without a lot of
jargon!!