From: Daniel Egeberg on
On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 23:21, Skip Evans <skip(a)bigskypenguin.com> wrote:
> D'oh!
>
> ...and I suppose there is just no way around that, eh?
>
> Skip

You can use SNI, but it's not supported by all web servers and browsers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication

--
Daniel Egeberg
From: Manuel Lemos on
Hello,

on 03/08/2010 07:13 PM Skip Evans said the following:
> Hey all,
>
> I have an Apache virtual config running a bunch of sites, one with SSL.
> I finally have a need to add SSL to one more, but when I do the first
> one (which is further down the file) comes up "untrusted".
>
> Since this is pretty far off topic I'd be obliged if someone who has
> configured this before can email me off list for some assistance.

AFAIK, you need to have a different certificate per domain, although
there are certificates that can be used for all domains.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Find and post PHP jobs
http://www.phpclasses.org/jobs/

http://www.phpclasses.org/
From: Jochen Schultz on
AFAIK Apache 2 doesn't support virtual hosts for SSL.

But you may use one cert per socket, e.g it is possible to set one cert
up on port 447 and one on 8080.

https://example1.com
https://example2.com:8080

regards

Jochen Schultz

Manuel Lemos schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> on 03/08/2010 07:13 PM Skip Evans said the following:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I have an Apache virtual config running a bunch of sites, one with SSL.
>> I finally have a need to add SSL to one more, but when I do the first
>> one (which is further down the file) comes up "untrusted".
>>
>> Since this is pretty far off topic I'd be obliged if someone who has
>> configured this before can email me off list for some assistance.
>
> AFAIK, you need to have a different certificate per domain, although
> there are certificates that can be used for all domains.

--
Sport Import GmbH - Amtsgericht Oldenburg - Tel: +49-4405-9280-63
Industriestrasse 39 - HRB 1202900 -
From: Per Jessen on
Jochen Schultz wrote:

> AFAIK Apache 2 doesn't support virtual hosts for SSL.
>=20

I think it does now - there was even a c't article on the topic not lon=
ago. I'll see if I can find it.

/Per

--=20
Per Jessen, Z=C3=BCrich (-4.0=C2=B0C)

From: Per Jessen on
Daniel Egeberg wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 23:21, Skip Evans <skip(a)bigskypenguin.com>
> wrote:
>> D'oh!
>>
>> ...and I suppose there is just no way around that, eh?
>>
>> Skip
>=20
> You can use SNI, but it's not supported by all web servers and
> browsers.
>=20
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication
>=20

I don't know about the browser support, but the Apache and SNI
implementation is well described in this article:

http://www.heise.de/kiosk/archiv/ct/2009/23/174_kiosk (download for a
fee)