From: zeitgeist on
Hi,

As title, has anyone brought an unlocked iphone to Orange and put an
Orange pay monthly SIM only in it?

If so, grateful for any advice on what tariff options are available?

Thanks in advance!

--
O2 UK Home Broadband & Vodafone IE Mobile Broadband user

From: zeitgeist on
On 2010-01-04 15:55:30 +0000, BORG <saerimner(a)gmail.com> said:

> zeitgeist wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As title, has anyone brought an unlocked iphone to Orange and put an
>> Orange pay monthly SIM only in it?
>>
>> If so, grateful for any advice on what tariff options are available?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>

> Any SIM will work if it is unlocked. If its Orange then an Orange SIM
> would also work.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't concerned whether it will work or not -
the iPhone is unlocked so any SIM should work.

I'm more interested in hearing what tariff choices or options are
available for someone coming to Orange with an unlocked iPhone. The
Orange website covers the pay monthy and PAYG offerings but all of
these assume that the customer will buy an iPhone from Orange. I'm
especially interested as to whether the SIM only options that Orange do
could be used on the iPhone with full functionality (or near full as I
don't care about Visual VOicemail or call merge).

--
O2 UK Home Broadband & Vodafone IE Mobile Broadband user

From: JL on
On 4 Jan, 16:15, zeitgeist <z...(a)geist.com> wrote:
> On 2010-01-04 15:55:30 +0000, BORG <saerim...(a)gmail.com> said:
>
> > zeitgeist wrote:
> >> Hi,
>
> >> As title, has anyone brought an unlocked iphone to Orange and put an
> >> Orange pay monthly SIM only in it?
>
> >> If so, grateful for any advice on what tariff options are available?
>
> >> Thanks in advance!
>
> > Any SIM will work if it is unlocked. If its Orange then an Orange SIM
> > would also work.
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I wasn't concerned whether it will work or not -
> the iPhone is unlocked so any SIM should work.
>
> I'm more interested in hearing what tariff choices or options are
> available for someone coming to Orange with an unlocked iPhone. The
> Orange website covers the pay monthy and PAYG offerings but all of
> these assume that the customer will buy an iPhone from Orange. I'm
> especially interested as to whether the SIM only options that Orange do
> could be used on the iPhone with full functionality (or near full as I
> don't care about Visual VOicemail or call merge).
>
> --
> O2 UK Home Broadband & Vodafone IE Mobile Broadband user

Yes they could be used - you'd need to pick a tariff with internet
included though or pay the applicable monthly fee for the data bundle
you want to add.
http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/sim-only

As far as I know Orange don't support visual voicemail but conference
calling is available for all their contract customers - not just
iPhone ones which is good!. You'll just need to ring customer
services to get it enabled on your account.