From: JD on
On 20/05/2010 10:40 PM, Kyote wrote:
> A long time ago, at least 2 yrs I think it was. I found a program that
> let me take several mp3 files and I could make 1 executable file that
> contained the mp3s and using that exe by itself, not even opening any
> of my media players, it's play those files. I can't remember if it was
> strictly a sequential playback or if it could be made to play them in
> a random order.
>
> At the time I didn't think it was very useful since I could easily do
> far more with my winamp.
>
> Now though I keep all my media files on a external MyBook drive. But I
> also keep other files backed up on there as well. Transfering files to
> and from the drive tends to freeze the playback of my music so I was
> wanting to find that program again, or one similar to it, to make
> 'playlist' executables. Since I mainly listen to 1 playlist or another
> for hours on end I think it'd solve my current problem since I can't
> really make a copy of them all on my computer.
>
> Does anyone know of the program that can take multiple mp3 files and
> make an executable from them? Or of one that does something similar
> would be great too.
>
> TIA
> --
> Kyote
>
> sends.hearty("Greetings!");

Hi Kyote

I don't think making your playlist's into exe file's will help you as
they will still be getting read from the external drive, so you will
probably end up with the same problem.
its been a while since I used winamp but there was/is a setting in the
options somewhere for a buffer, set the buffer for 10mb or so and your
mp3's will be loaded and played from memory this MAY solve the problem.

a quick google search turned up this EXEmp3:
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multimedia_and_Graphics/MPEG_Audio_Players_and_Editors/EXEmp3.html

which is quite handy, I have a friend who does Karaoke and this would be
useful to make Karaoke Song's that include lyrics instead of lugging
around a Player and a Bag of disk's (replace with a laptop he already
has to carry an external screen for the lyrics anyway) but thats getting
off topic.

JD