From: Mike Lane on
I have a wireless mighty mouse bought 3 years ago with my Mac Pro. It never
worked very well, the cursor seems to jitter about sometimes and I have long
since discarded it in favour of a Logitech.

Anyone want it before I bin it? email me if you do. Postage is a couple of
quid in the UK.

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire

From: Mike Lane on
Mike Lane wrote on Jul 29, 2010:

> I have a wireless mighty mouse bought 3 years ago with my Mac Pro. It never
> worked very well, the cursor seems to jitter about sometimes and I have long
> since discarded it in favour of a Logitech.
>
> Anyone want it before I bin it? email me if you do. Postage is a couple of
> quid in the UK.

P.S. email address is below; not in the header.

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire

From: Andy Greener on
In article <0001HW.C8779651001E3667B01029BF(a)news.virginmedia.com>,
Mike Lane <mike.lane.usenet(a)ntlworld.co.uk> wrote:

> I have a wireless mighty mouse bought 3 years ago with my Mac Pro. It never
> worked very well, the cursor seems to jitter about sometimes and I have long
> since discarded it in favour of a Logitech.
>
> Anyone want it before I bin it? email me if you do. Postage is a couple of
> quid in the UK.

You might want to check this out before you do that:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20100518121030417

--
Andy Greener
n.b. Whisper
From: Mike Lane on
Andy Greener wrote on Jul 29, 2010:

> In article <0001HW.C8779651001E3667B01029BF(a)news.virginmedia.com>,
> Mike Lane <mike.lane.usenet(a)ntlworld.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I have a wireless mighty mouse bought 3 years ago with my Mac Pro. It never
>> worked very well, the cursor seems to jitter about sometimes and I have
>> long
>> since discarded it in favour of a Logitech.
>>
>> Anyone want it before I bin it? email me if you do. Postage is a couple
>> of
>> quid in the UK.
>
> You might want to check this out before you do that:
>
> http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20100518121030417

OK thanks. I'll look into that tomorrow.

The offer still stands though, I don't like the MM and it's just gathering
dust ATM.

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire

From: Rowland McDonnell on
Andy Greener <andy(a)nb-whisperNoSpam.com> wrote:

> Mike Lane <mike.lane.usenet(a)ntlworld.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I have a wireless mighty mouse bought 3 years ago with my Mac Pro. It never
> > worked very well, the cursor seems to jitter about sometimes and I have long
> > since discarded it in favour of a Logitech.
> >
> > Anyone want it before I bin it? email me if you do. Postage is a couple of
> > quid in the UK.
>
> You might want to check this out before you do that:
>
> http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20100518121030417

That's about the Magic Mouse's wireless link[1].

The Mighty Mouse in the original post is sensibly wired...

Rowland.

[1]

A number of Mac Pros were shipped with the antennas incorrectly
connected which led to many users to have Bluetooth connection problems.
They were incorrectly connected as follows:

* Antenna '1' connects to the top connector of the AirPort module.
* Antenna '2' remains unconnected.
* Antenna '3' connects to the bottom connector of the AirPort
module.
* Antenna 'BT' connects to the Bluetooth module.

While the wireless signal worked fine this way, Bluetooth performance
was seriously hampered.

I checked my motherboard and in fact, mine were incorrectly connected as
listed above.

I powered down and reconnected the cables as follows:

* Antenna '1' connects to the Bluetooth module (if present).
* Antenna '2' connects to the upper airport module (if present).
* Antenna '3' connects to the lower airport module (if present).
* Antenna 'BT' remains unconnected.

The above information apparently from:

<http://guides.macrumors.com/Adding_Bluetooth_and_Wireless_to_a_Mac_Pro>

--
Remove the animal for email address: rowland.mcdonnell(a)dog.physics.org
Sorry - the spam got to me