From: zoara on
A lot of the anti-anti-Apple sentiment out there inresponse to the
iPhone's antenna situation is to just get a bumper and stop whinging.

A colleague of mine got his free bumper today and is binning it. His
headphones don't fit, his car connector doesn't fit, and his home
speakers don't fit.

He doesn't get the signal problems (he doesn't hold it wrong, but can
trigger it when he tries) so his only problem is that he really likes
the way the bumper looks. But I wonder how many people will find it
difficult to choose between the antenna problem and the case problems?

Oh, and while I'm here; the most sensible article on the situation that
I've seen: http://j.mp/9WISrz

-z-

--
email: nettid1 at fastmail dot fm
From: Justin C on
On 2010-07-29, zoara <me18(a)privacy.net> wrote:
> A lot of the anti-anti-Apple sentiment out there inresponse to the
> iPhone's antenna situation is to just get a bumper and stop whinging.
>
> A colleague of mine got his free bumper today and is binning it. His
> headphones don't fit, his car connector doesn't fit, and his home
> speakers don't fit.
>
> He doesn't get the signal problems (he doesn't hold it wrong, but can
> trigger it when he tries) so his only problem is that he really likes
> the way the bumper looks. But I wonder how many people will find it
> difficult to choose between the antenna problem and the case problems?
>
> Oh, and while I'm here; the most sensible article on the situation that
> I've seen: http://j.mp/9WISrz

Yes, very good article. I particularly liked: "Nobody talks about making
a "Nexus One killer" or an "HP Slate killer" or a "Zune killer"; Apple's
consumer electronics products become the reference points for their
fields" in the part where he's written about why people love to knock
Apple.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.
From: Woody on
On 30/07/2010 11:19, Justin C wrote:
> On 2010-07-29, zoara<me18(a)privacy.net> wrote:
>> A lot of the anti-anti-Apple sentiment out there inresponse to the
>> iPhone's antenna situation is to just get a bumper and stop whinging.

I don't think so. Obviously apples responses (and definately steve jobs
bad before that.

>> A colleague of mine got his free bumper today and is binning it. His
>> headphones don't fit, his car connector doesn't fit, and his home
>> speakers don't fit.
>>
>> He doesn't get the signal problems (he doesn't hold it wrong, but can
>> trigger it when he tries) so his only problem is that he really likes
>> the way the bumper looks. But I wonder how many people will find it
>> difficult to choose between the antenna problem and the case problems?
>>
>> Oh, and while I'm here; the most sensible article on the situation that
>> I've seen: http://j.mp/9WISrz
>
> Yes, very good article. I particularly liked: "Nobody talks about making
> a "Nexus One killer" or an "HP Slate killer" or a "Zune killer"; Apple's
> consumer electronics products become the reference points for their
> fields" in the part where he's written about why people love to knock
> Apple.

This is true

--
Woody
From: Sak Wathanasin on
On 29 July, 17:44, zoara <m...(a)privacy.net> wrote:
> A lot of the anti-anti-Apple sentiment out there inresponse to the
> iPhone's antenna situation is to just get a bumper and stop whinging.
>
> A colleague of mine got his free bumper today and is binning it. His
> headphones don't fit, his car connector doesn't fit, and his home
> speakers don't fit.

That's not specifically an iPh-4 problem: my 3G in its case won't fit
various chargers, docks etc. You'd think people who designed these
things would realize that people do use cases, and have some kind of
rubbery/foamy inserts that'd grip a naked iPhone securely, but have
sufficient give to take one in a case as well. Cleary, there has to be
a limit on how thick the case can be, but surely they could cater for
a couple of mm.
From: Woody on
On 30/07/2010 12:18, Sak Wathanasin wrote:
> On 29 July, 17:44, zoara<m...(a)privacy.net> wrote:
>> A lot of the anti-anti-Apple sentiment out there inresponse to the
>> iPhone's antenna situation is to just get a bumper and stop whinging.
>>
>> A colleague of mine got his free bumper today and is binning it. His
>> headphones don't fit, his car connector doesn't fit, and his home
>> speakers don't fit.
>
> That's not specifically an iPh-4 problem: my 3G in its case won't fit
> various chargers, docks etc. You'd think people who designed these
> things would realize that people do use cases, and have some kind of
> rubbery/foamy inserts that'd grip a naked iPhone securely, but have
> sufficient give to take one in a case as well. Cleary, there has to be
> a limit on how thick the case can be, but surely they could cater for
> a couple of mm.

I have a soft rubber iphone cover on my 3gs, it goes on and off very
easily and I like it as I like the fact I can put my phone on a non
level surface and it doesn't shoot off (and when I say 'put' I sort of
mean 'lob') I have a dock at work so when I get in, I take the cover off
and put it on the dock. The cover also forms a perfect tray for peanut
M&Ms. When I leave i put the cover on and lob the phone in my bag or pocket.
I prefer using it as a phone with the cover, as it doesn't get as warm
to hold. Headphones also fit through it, although I don't tend to use
headphones except when I am at work, certainly don't use them outside.

--
Woody